View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 06:56 PM   #9
bigblock73
yeller

Thumbs up

Mark, I admire your enthusiasm and am glad you enjoy these trucks as much as I do. You may be crazy, but it is a good crazy IMO.

I am sure you can see how a list like this can snowball from a two to three sentence per year article to a 2000 word essay per year if every single detail about these trucks is documented. On top of that, I doubt there is a single person alive that knows everything about these trucks, what options they have, and when they became available or discontinued. GM, as well as all the other auto mfrs, do some strange things when producing vehicles. Whether it be changing things along the way, not documenting things completely, or whatever...there will always be someone saying "Well my truck has this", or "My dad bought this truck new, and I know it came with this piece". Compile all that with the fact that some of these trucks are now over 30 years old...anything could have been done to them by any number of people, owners, dealerships, body shops, you name it.

I appreciate your comments, and by all means, don't feel you can't enlighten us on some of the things you know...I too am always happy to learn things about these trucks.