View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 06:53 PM   #71
Arne

Re: '64 C-10 Stalled Project Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
Sucks about starter but hopefully ends up being a fairly painless job to swap.
The starter on a this vintage engine/transmission pair is super easy. The hardest part is getting under a lowered truck like this one. I pulled the bad one out (10 minutes) and took it with me to verify the new one was right, and to leave with them as a core. Probably only another 10 to maybe 15 minutes to install the new one. Which works beautifully. Cranks fast and solid. Pumped fuel up to the carb, and then it fired right up.

The new electric choke has taken a little more fiddling to get dialed in than I expected, which takes time as I have to let it get cold again before the next test. But it's either good or really close now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
I can't wait to see it with the new shoes bolted up!
That went mostly smooth as well. Except that while I had bolted one of the wheels on the front (to check for caliper clearance), I had not test fitted one on the back. And the stamped vent slots just barely hit the edge of the drums before they would bolt up flush. So I had to run down to my FLAPS and pick up a pair of 5/16" wheel spacers. Problem solved.

And so I finally have proper fitting wheels on my truck. They no longer poke out of the fenders. YAY! And I really like the look. Here's a few initial pics.

Name:  IMG_4452 copy.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4453 copy.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  32.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4454 copy.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  41.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4456 copy.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  53.4 KB

覧覧覧覧覧覧

Last edited by Arne; 12-14-2022 at 08:56 PM.
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote