View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 11:07 PM   #84
Arne

Re: '64 C-10 Stalled Project Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne View Post
I found time to test fit the new steering pump brackets, and these (from Alan Grove) are nice, and fit properly. Will prep and paint them over the next few days, then I'll install the pump (w/o belt) while I continue to wait for the steering rack to arrive.
I spent some more time testing and fitting the various steering pump parts to the engine today (while iced in by freezing rain overnight), and I'm pretty certain I've got a handle on what I need for this to all fit and work. I'm not going to detail it all here a second time, you can read it if you wish in the thread I started for this in the main '60-66 forum - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...6&postcount=11

Short executive summary - the pump brackets from POL did not fit my engine correctly, and the 2-row pulley from POL apparently only works with their pump brackets. So I am going to need to buy a 2-row pulley that is built to GM specs, not POL's.

Will possibly go ahead and buy the 3-row crank pulley I will need when I add the A/C later. Might as well get all of this in place now while it's all fresh in my mind.

覧覧覧覧覧覧
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote