View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 12:07 AM   #3
RyanAK

Re: 60-66 Suburban Challenges

Thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful response. Great info. And I’ve admired both of your truck. Sounds like I’m on a good path with this choice.

I hesitated yesterday on a dry ‘63 that had discs up front because the only interior was a pair of Camaro buckets and a squarebody console. It’s gone and I’m pretty heartbroken over that one!

I didn’t know the Chevy and GMC rear suspensions were different. That’s great to know. The ‘71 C10 was a trailing arm truck and it rode much nicer than the leaf spring ‘78. But I’m satisfied with a truck ride. Truly.

Gearing… so far I’ve come across 3.73 and 3.55, both with 4-speeds. Not sure what other gears were available, but my current ‘78 is a 3.73 automatic truck and with a 31.5” tire, it does fine both on highway and in challenging terrain.

I grew up with Suburbans and have owned my own Tahoes, Yukons and Suburbans since I’m 20. 24 years worth. Backdating my daily drivers has been the best decision I’ve made. I’m genuinely happy driving the old stuff.

Now… just to find the right 60-66!!

Meet 'Earl', '71 C10 Suburban - Sold, but not forgotten...

Meet... yet to be named, ‘78 K10 Suburban Daily Driver
RyanAK is offline   Reply With Quote