View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 12:35 PM   #115
Arne

Re: '64 C-10 Stalled Project Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyjones View Post
Are you fully committed to the rack and pinion conversion? Seems like another option is to switch to a power box from a square body truck and return the POL kit.
That's a good question. Had I known about the pump clearance issue prior to placing my order, I might have gone with the square body conversion. But only due to the pump clearance issue, as the square body 'box still typically requires some additional mods (to column and new holes in frame), and I'd have wanted to replace all the steering parts with new anyway. I do like the idea of the modern rack steering precision, so I might still have ordered the rack kit, although I wouldn't have spent the time, effort and money on the pump, brackets and pulleys.

Besides, I don't know how much arguing I'd need to do at this point to return it, as each rack is custom fabbed to order. It's not worth it to me to pay return shipping and maybe a restock fee to start over, given that there are ways to make it work.

After doing more reading last night, I'm pretty sure I'm going to try the electric pump solution, probably mounted inside the left fender well.

覧覧覧覧覧覧
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote