View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 02:45 PM   #4
CSHADES

Re: left over parts 1940

had some time so i worked on the frame the other day. this is the frame that i had originally started on for project 39 but found a better one for that project. as any of you know from my project 39 thread the frame for a 41-46 is 1 1/2 inches longer than a 39-40 frame. so like i did on the 39 i removed 1 1/2 inches out of the frame just in front of the cowl. i also removed the old rusty and broken windshield/frame assembly. amazingly enough the windshield regulator worked fine and the windshield opened right up. unfortunately the rust at the top of the windshield opening is a bit more than i had originally thought. so i had a look in my storage area for a roof section with a good windshield opening and structure behind it. i thought i had a good 40 one but it was also rotten but i did find a 46 cowl with the front part of the roof still attached. the problem is that it has been in there for a while so getting to it means moving a lot of piles of parts. this why i save everything for these trucks now because you never know what you made need later.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote