View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 10:02 PM   #931
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Project 67 DRGNWGN - 67 Burban!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
I did want to describe the engine running problem, maybe it's normal? so.. I never had any issues with the trucking turning on and running before I did the exhaust.

truck starts.. after a few cranks... runs a little rough, sputters for a few seconds dies. it did this over and over.. maybe and 10-12 times. periodically I would press the pedal and rev it it some. some times it would stay running, sometimes the pedal pressing would kill it. unplugged MAF, plugged in, no change either way... still dies.

I got frustrated, disconnected ground on the battery, pulled intake and MAF. cleaned MAF with cleaner, cleaned throttle body a little with cleaner. installed everything back and same results. on about the 3rd crank after this, I constantly kept reving the truck with the pedal, about 2000 rpm, up and down. finally it stayed running and idled great.
I wonder if it could be a bad 02 sensor or maybe carboned up a little, or connector not plugged in all the way? Hopefully after you run it a little more it will straighten itself out.....

On the brake issue, it sounds like your return spring is either broken or missing. One end of it fastens in a bracket right by the brake light switch and the other end fastens up by the firewall. It will be white or blue in color. Don't pay any attention to the labels.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 01-18-2023 at 10:14 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote