View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 12:04 PM   #25
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: Swap pros, need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdell View Post
I fought this issue on a couple of builds. I went with the expensive submersible hose and injection style clamps BUT ALSO used zip ties around the pump body and pickup tubing to prevent it from flexing. It really made a difference.
that is a good idea. i remember when i installed the pump the first time and i know i did not install the hose like that...but i figured maybe the worm clamp wasnt enough to hold it. flexing along with the cheap clamp probably was the reason it did slide off. i know now though that upper part of the tube is on SNUG. now you have me worried about the bottom part where the hose slides on the pump

it was really tough though getting that hose on this time. i had to pull the sock to free the pump out of the little housing. then i slid the upper part of the hose on as far as i could on to the sending unit, then slid the pump into the bottom part of the hose. THEN i had pry the pump into the bottom housing, and slide the sock on from there. it was not easy. if it still manages to slide off, im throwing it across the field

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote