Thread: 61K10 build
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 03:57 PM   #794
suburbangeorge

Re: 61K10 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotte1 View Post
Kimble,

Looks like I need to change out the seals on my Rockwell T221. Just sitting their and spinning it makes it leak some. Did you change your out? Getting the seal from a person who has a lot of parts for the T221. Planning to double up on shaft seals per his suggestion. Also, will epoxy two magnets to the bottom cover to collect small metal wear parts. He reports these guys generate some metal as they wear. Also " we are much better of having the divorced 221 as they do not have the imput shaft issues the married ones have".

Did you get to find the van brake hose part numbers you are using.

Les
Got rid of the Rockwell. It has a design flaw. Some bearings are submerged in gear lube. Others have little catch cups cast into the case which collect flying gear lube. If I remember correctly it's the rear bearing on the main output shaft has neither. Lost that bearing twice. First just above the Mexican border near Mexicali. Removed the TC, had a long driveshaft fabricated and finished our trip. Second time (running a factory lubricated bearing) was it. Out came the SM420 and the Rockwell and in went a (totally rebuilt)SM465 and NP205.
suburbangeorge is offline   Reply With Quote