Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 07:41 PM   #177
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Thank you again to all have commented on the loss of my dad. It has been a tough few weeks for sure. But life must move on and as I said in a recent post, my plan is to finish this truck the way he wanted me too.

This weekend was the first time in the shop in a month. I have to say it felt good. What I would call a great therapy session! I spent some time doing the final welding on the floor and braces. Once done I sanded it all down and then applied two coats of epoxy.

With that cured I then tipped it right side up with the help of my wife. I then used my engine hoist to raise it up and then rolled my newly made cart to bolt the cab onto. I had been using a couple stacked pallets but it wasn't very solid and I didn't trust it. Especially when the time comes to transport it to the booth for paint work.

Did I share the making of this cart? I don't remember now...

With the cab solidly bolted down I rolled the cart onto my lift and then decided I had just enough time in the day to weld up the hole from the original fuel fill. I used the curved blank from LS Fab.

1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote