Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 11:21 PM   #1151
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne View Post
Yeah, I get that. Really makes a difference on the highway. I'm enjoying the A833 3+OD manual in my truck. Not much easier to come by than your gearbox, unfortunately.

And I actually enjoy working on gearboxes. Rebuilt an MG 4 speed with OD years back. I hope you can find whatever parts you need for yours.
I missed out on one of those A833s a couple weeks ago. The seller sold it to someone else after we had set a meeting time, but didn't tell me until I drove the hour out to meet him. Wasted my time and gas, but at least I didn't lose a significant amount of money. Frustrating for sure.
Regarding the 3 speed overdrive for Frankentruck, I have a second overdrive transmission that has been sitting in the garage as a backup/parts transmission in case the one that was in the truck broke. Well, now I'm hoping that whatever broke in the one sitting on the bench is still good in the one sitting on the shelf

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote