View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 11:38 AM   #3829
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I'm sure things are the same here as out there, but not the same for me. I'm do a small volume of work and that doesn't get the word out very well. And I live in a rural area where I get little exposure. I get work through references only. But I am seeing that people are getting leery on spending. Maybe it's just these particular people in my small pool of potential customers. Mainly I'm hitting a lull due to the next job dropping out (he's retired), another decided to hold off due to other expenses coming up (not that he doesn't have the money), and another that involved ordering in materials that will take a few weeks. I'm about done my present job and only have one other petty job for that few weeks gap. I just told the guy who wants to hold off that I'd like to go ahead with his project to keep moving so I'm available when more work comes in. He can pay up later this month. He's a little funny about spending. He actually has a sort of deadline because he started this project w/o a permit. It's a shed that is a bit over the square footage allowed w/o a permit and his neighbor just applied for permits for an addition. There will be inspectors coming around before long. Things can sure get convoluted

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote