View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 09:37 AM   #4
Hcb3200

Re: quick connect o'ring in regulator corvette style issue

Universal LS Swap Fuel Pressure Regulator Filter Kit - Compatible with C5 Corvette

GF822, 10299146, 19239926, 33737

Its running a 6.0 LS engine. In the 56, 3200

We had used these before. I was replacing it because of pressure increases as well as re-routing some fuel lines. The pressure increases over time is a known issue with these if running larger pumps which I am not but its location had a high heat area causing it to start to fail is my guess.

The new one had a 6an to quick connect adapter in it. When I took it out a pile of o'rings came out with it.

I got another one late yesterday from the local parts store.
Inside that vendor model it has two o'rings sandwiched between two plastic pieces held in place by the internal quick connect release. it works much better. and holds under pressure. it does leak if I move the fitting around while under pressure. I am confident replacing the quick connect fitting will solve that issue. Some are known to not have the correct radius they should.

The first new one did not have the two plastic pieces when it came apart.
The original one I took off the fitting is seized in and will not even spin. Plan on taking that one apart later to see what it has inside.

Mr48 thanks for joining in I knew you would i value you expertise greatly.
I was a little irritated when I put in the first post and was light on my details.

Last edited by Hcb3200; 03-06-2023 at 09:42 AM.
Hcb3200 is online now   Reply With Quote