View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 08:32 AM   #33
Joyridin

Re: Anybody using a 6l80 in their swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87chevy.com View Post
I tested it on the bmw x5 build i am doing now. 2019 l83 w/6L80 but have been pre occupied to work on it since December time. Hp tuners detected tap up and tap down correctly. I dont have coolant or power steering fluid in it yet, so I only ran it for a few minutes. Game plan is to finish the itty bitty little bit of exhaust welding that needs to get done so I can finanly put it on the ground and test drive it.

Next time I fire it up, I will connect hp tuners and read the shifter tap up/down and see what the transmission does and update.

not sure about the voltage thing you talked about, can you post a picture of how its wired?
the transmission will get the different voltage from the "switch" signal wire when it is in tap up and tap down mode

clint
You can't see the TUTD on my HP Tuners. It will show P,R, then neutral for all gears after unless the truck is running. I saw one time in the shifting mode option on HP, it said TUTD WOT, but it normally reads Normal.

As for the voltage, I am wondering if the voltage is varying. All the resistors do is vary the voltage, but if I am inputting 14 volts and run it through the resistance chain, I might get 10 volts versus if I run 12 volts through and get 8 volts. I am wondering how touchy the trans might be on needing a very specific voltage for the TUTD to work.

Since you have a 6l, when I shift through the gears, it works like this:

Park
Reverse
Neutral
D6 (Automatic shifting to 6th gear)
D4 (Auto shifting to 4th gear)
D1 (Stays in 1st)
D2 (Auto shift 1-2)

Is this correct? This is the dumbest thing I have ever used. If you use D2, you have to go back into D1 to get to D6.

Thanks, Ron
Joyridin is offline   Reply With Quote