Old 03-21-2023, 12:59 PM   #635
6DoF

Re: Project: Tow-Rat (Lil' Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by regan wilson View Post
Update?
lots! ... just not on the '55

TDI-XJ:
got that swap completed and started driving it, it's a solid little beater. currently only getting low 20s for mpg, so that sux though. the mechanical injection pump i got turned out to be from a scammer, and i lost a month converting back to the factory electronic pump. bunch of little things to make it an actually nice daily, but it's fine for now.

dodge W250:
i blew up the transmission in my truck AGAIN. 336,000 miles on the factory build, then BS. 3rd time out in 3000 miles, i wasn't putting that 5spd back. found and swapped in a 3rd gen NV5600 and it's AMAZING. like game-changer amazing. that truck has a dinosaur old school set of compound turbos that are super laggy, these tighter ratios actually keep it spooled! the install into the 1st gen truck wasn't exactly quick, but easy enough. i had to basically fiddle with everything around all of it. still need to get the floor all acid etched, chassis saver'd, and lizard skinned, after i finish making the seat mounts for the black leather Audi seats i found. i already at least got the new headliner in.

Airstream:
the dude finally healed from surgery and was able to wrap up the kitchen cabinet install. that lit a fire under the wife n i so we got the bed frame built and water tank mounted. i've also ordered all the rest of the plumbing needed to get the kitchen sink fully functional, along with the stove. super excited to maybe use it this year for the first time in a decade! also, i hate woodworking ...

holiday's, vacation's, other bad excuses ... i actually do not know when I'll get back to the 55. hopefully before too long.

Last edited by 6DoF; 03-21-2023 at 03:05 PM.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote