View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 06:51 AM   #3956
Boog
laying low

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I drove through Burger King today and got 2 "Classic Melts. I had been running errands all morning and I was starving. I just wanted something fast because I wanted to go home and eat quick.

So I order them with extra 1000 Island dressing... They're out of 1000 Island.
Fine... I have Bobs at home Ill just slap some on.

I get to the window and ask for Ketchup... They're out of Ketchup too.

How does Burger King run out of Ketchup? They're right next to Vons and I was just there. Vons had plenty of Ketchup and 1000 Island. So I say whatever, I've got Ketchup at home too.

I get home and the "Melts' aren't melted at all. The bread isn't even grilled. It looked like it just came out of the package.

So I got dry burgers with cold cheese. Not like the pretty picture in the window.

So much for a fast bite. I waited in the drive thru for 10 minutes and I was the only car there and had to fire up my grille and "fix ' the burgers when I got home.
Oh man. That sounds like some of my recent experiences with fast food here. A while back I stopped at a Sonic for a fast burger. I asked for a regular cheeseburger with mustard and ketchup only. When delivered I drove off as I was short on time. When I opened it and took a bite I found a bun, mustard and ketchup. No cheese or MEAT! I kid you not.
Just a day ago I stopped at Wendy's and ordered a baked potato and burger. When he handed me my order it felt lite so I peeked in and there was a
burger, no potato. I asked where's my tater. The girl said she didn't hear me ask for one. I said that's the very first thing I asked for. "oh, sorry" as she quickly turned away. The guy quickly got me fixed up but man. They weren't rushed as I was the only one at the driveup. It's the same old same old now days. Ask for corndogs and get just that, you have to ask for mustard and napkins.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote