View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 06:22 AM   #3970
Getter-Done

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You guys remind me of a Burger King story of mine I probably shouldn't share. I did a very cocky thing one night many years ago, like before I bought this house in '87. I used to have snow plowing contracts down in the MD suburbs, near Washington DC. We'd go down prior to the snow starting and then spend many hours clearing a handful of properties, back and forth from one to the others strung out along the northern end. It can be a long long day and staring carefully at the tip of the plow makes it very tiring.

On my weary way home I pull into a Burger King as I was hungry enough to eat about anything put in front of me. It was a right turn onto a road off the hiway, left into a shopping center, and another left where Burger King was tucked into the corner. Lights were on and people moving around inside. I walk up to the counter and see the various burgers on the slotted trays ready to serve. The man comes, what I thought was to take my order, and says "Sorry we are closed". What??? "But you have burgers ready to eat right there. "Can't you sell me one? I've been in my truck plowing snow for 12 hours straight and I really need something to eat. I'm starving". Nope, already closed the register out. What??? "But you're just going to throw those out. Here's a $10 bill. Give me a burger and stick the 10 in your pocket". Sorry sir, we are closed. You'll have to leave. Oh, I left alright. I went out, got in my truck, gathered up some snow, and pushed it up over the curb and against the doors, backed up, drove up the bank to the hiway, and hauled butt on up the road! "Have fun shoveling you dink!"

That is funny.
I bet they remembered to lock the door at closing time after that.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote