View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 07:45 PM   #3990
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Went over to the rental house for a daily check. Turns out that the prospective buyer was there with a contractor, taking measurements. The realtor left (which I understand is allowed) them alone with the house, but didn't close the lock box back up, so the keys were available to them. They had enough time to make copies if they so desired, since I didn't think at that time to close the box back up. The realtor was supposed to come back and lock up. The only reason I can think of for the realtor to come back is because the keys shouldn't be available to prospective buyers. I'll have to ask my wife and our realtor that question. I went back over and the place was locked up, but that doesn't mean that the keys haven't been copied. Given that it took us 9 months to evict the non-paying tenants, I'm concerned. I may just go over and change the locks tomorrow, just to be less concerned. $40 well spent, and I can use new locks over here when it's all said and done.

One of my concerns is that when I went into the back yard ( the first time) to go into the garage, the prospective buyer was all smiles, but the contractor looked like someone who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He was also keeping his face turned to the side while the prospective buyer and I were taking. Not a good sign.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote