View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 08:16 PM   #4005
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Yeah, sits in the shade quite a bit on the north side of the hill. Some of it is about 2'' thick. Gotta brush the chain saw blade back and forth a couple of times to find the trunk. What was kinda funny is that there were tire tracks in the snow under the tree. So it fell sometime in the early morning after somebody in the neighborhood went to work. Couple pics after about 5-6 hours of work
Is that a gap in the guard rail it fell through?

When that treacherous cold blew in hard on Dec 23rd I was driving a road along a reservoir where they had planted white pines for a buffer way back when the reservoir went in. Dense tall pine forest. I noticed motion to the left in the forest and it was a big one coming down. I was actually looking for that to happen, it was so windy and the trees were swaying so bad. I stopped as the tree fell right where I would have been had I not been wary. The tree broke and I was able to drag the top out of the road enough to get through. Had it moved before the guy behind me had a chance to get there. I wasn't spending any more time there than I had to. He said, "That was close!" I agreed and hi-tailed it out of there. We could talk some other time

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote