View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 05:21 AM   #4007
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

A good roofing company employees service guys to go fix leaks ASAP. I am not a big company, only me. I am not a roofer but I do fix work roofers fail to do correctly. A leak gets priority and the pretty it up job can wait. If the homeowner gripes about that, I tell them this is what you would want me to do if it was your roof that was leaking.

Was there no evidence of water leaking in prior to this work? This work was done after the snow and storms, wasn't it? Didn't the painter notice stains or dampness prior to painting? Or did you not see any watermarking before it was painted? Is it damp now? Maybe it's old watermarking that was painted over incorrectly. Do you have a hose to try to recreate the leak. It's best to analyze it yourself, of one of the guys working on the house, so you know what's up rather than rely on the word of a roofer who may only mess with a job worth more money than what he finds it needs. They would be in the position to tell you whatever they want in order to make the job suit their wants. If it doesn't leak it may be an old issue and the old watermarks are bleeding through. In that case, the painter owns it and a proper re-paint is due at his expense

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote