View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 12:10 PM   #214
JPBrecheisen

Re: Random pictures you took of your K

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Nothing to hate about that '60!! Saying "Get some '60 hubcaps for that" is easier said than done, and doesn't say it all. More like find some '60 clip style split rims and extremely rare chrome 2wd hub caps. And if you don't want split rims, send them out to have non-splits custom made. We are talking a lot of money and maybe even more "if you can find them"s. Traditionally, it was nothing uncommon to find hubcaps swapped between years on trucks and cars. The '60 K/20 never had hubcaps, so even assembling a high dollar custom combo would not be correct. It all looks fantastic to me, including the "incorrect" mirrors. I have always been a customized to have an original look with GM parts guy. Only the knowledgeable will know and if that bothers them, well.... they can get over it or get their own truck

I'm digging the combination look of chrome bumper and hubcaps with painted grille and mirrors
Really appreciate this feedback and that was how I approached this build. I looked for those mirrors on purpose. They were made by signal stat and were the popular replacement option during the square body years.

The wheels were already on it and they are the 67-72 16"x6.5" variety so I figured the caps should match. The bed is off another truck as well as a lot of the front sheet metal.

If you examine closely you'll notice it's a GMC in Chevrolet clothing (V6 emblem on front fender).

While I admire the "purist" in the hobby for the knowledge and dedication, I wanted this one to be like how a lot "ended up". It's been a fun project for sure and I love that it's a patchwork quilt of randomness.

Really appreciate the comments. I guess I should have done a build thread.

Jonathon
JPBrecheisen is offline   Reply With Quote