Thread: 47-55.1 Cab mounts
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 04:52 PM   #30
mr48chev

Re: Cab mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
those style chassis are stout but you really gotta plan things out so there is room for exhaust, fuel tank, etc
That's on any build though. Lack of thinking it out end to end and planning will get you in trouble every time.

Exhaust routing is a biggie because a lot of guy don't start thinking about exhaust until everything else is pretty well done on the chassis and the frame is already painted or worse yet powdercoated. That isn't just truck guys but every phase of the car/truck modifying hobby.

It took some hunting but I found the Roadster shop chassis that I was looking at the other day that has the booster and master cylinder on the outside of the frame rail. That frees up a good deal of rom in a tight space.

It will take some engineering but I think I can create an assembly that lets me use the stock brake and clutch pedals and run a shaft to the outside of the frame to a lever that actuates the brake booster and cylinder. I'm thinking that I have seen some setups that have one pedal moving the shaft to actuate brake or clutch with the other pedal riding on it's bushing on that shaft.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote