View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 12:41 AM   #5
bcfishon

Re: My ls swap game plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
what harness are you looking at?...the harnesses ive used have all the engine wiring, including charging.. 1 constant 12v, 1 switch on /cranking 12v, and 2 grounds
the original starter wiring curcuit for your truck will hook up to the LS starter
the ecm will need to see water temps, ive been drilling and tapping the pass side head for the gauge sender, youll need to have somewhere for the steam port to tie back into your cooling system, and youll have to add O2 sensors to the exhaust
I'm looking at a harness from a Facebook maker, I think its basically the same design you descrbed and there seems to be no end to the sources and brands and prices on these things. I think I have a radiator with a return port and I have adapted the passenger side head to accept the original temp sending unit and I still have the drivers side available for the ls signal to computor. I've been thinking about the 02 sensors and was thinking I could weld in a bun somewhere right below the collector on some cheap Amazon block hugger headers. I think the block huggers will work best for connecting up the old
bcfishon is offline   Reply With Quote