View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 07:24 PM   #4063
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I talked to my mom yesterday and learned she has a pinched nerve in her back that is giving her a hard time. It hurts worst laying down and she's having a hard time sleeping. BTW, she'll be 93 next month, lives alone. so, no gathering at mom's for Easter. In fact, she didn't want company in case she needed to go get some sleep. She's taking a medicine that makes her groggy and she just wasn't up to socializing. But the friend who is a retired nurse that helps her with such matters was away for Easter.

I went to the store for food, bought a ham for myself and my son, as well as other things to throw together for an Easter dinner. I got the idea to go ahead and grill the ham yesterday evening ahead of time and fix up portions of the rest of today's meal for her. I left early this morning to run it up to her anyway. If she was asleep I'd just leave it for her and head back. well, she got better sleep last night, was up, and I got to visit with her a few hours before heading back to fix the meal for us. Made the most of the situation and we'll have pit ham for a while, then some bean soup!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote