View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 07:18 AM   #4067
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Supposed to be rotisserie grilled boneless leg of lamb, but the grill we bought doesn't have a provision for the spit. I grilled it, but got busy on the internet and when I went out to check on it, the temp was close to 600º. Got that straightened out with a bit more attention, but lost probably half a pound of meat to char. Not happy. The rest tasted good, though.

Also cleaned out and lubed the track on the sliding glass door to the back yard. All that rain and dirt splashing around clogged the channel.
I did my ham on the bigger Weber kettle on hardwood charcoal. Although I kept the fire to one side, the ham had to be close to center for the lid to fit over it. After the first check in only a few minutes, I saw how fast it could char, which was actually just right on the fatty side. It kept me busy rolling it around. Mmmm, that sure was good, though. It was hard driving the 2 1/2 hours back home before I could have my Easter meal. My mom really appreciated it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
Today, I finalized the deal to SELL my 1990 19K mile Sport today….that’s what I did to my truck today.

I don’t drive it much and I’m scared to get it out & get it dirty because I’m afraid of scratching the darn black paint while I’m washing it!

I’ve also had one stolen and I’m kinda paranoid about driving it and leaving it parked outside like at a movie theater, WalMart, or at work. I really enjoy the truck, but it worries me at the same time.
That's me with any nice truck I've had. I wear myself out keeping it spotless, can't leave it anywhere, and on an ultra low mile one every mile worries me about running it up. My divorce forced me into selling things. I had already come to terms with the fact I'm best off with drivers than minty showy trucks, but I still wanted at least one. But selling down was forced upon me, even projects, and I realize it was for the best now. Life for me is no longer about having and all about doing.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote