Thread: The Kraken
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 01:52 PM   #226
daveshilling

Re: The Kraken

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
for the crossmember, holy cow! please post up some pics with a better reference of the material thickness and size of the cross member. was the control arm possibly bottoming out causing the stress cracks? is the material under-spec's for the related stress?
Doors aren't rubbing the fenders and gaps are closer to where they should be, so its a done deal for now. Fine-tuning gaps is a job I'll save for when I've no other big jobs to do on either truck (=

The LCA cannot bottom out, the UCA would hit the frame before that would happen. It was just driven hard! No plans to remove/replace it (its the No Limit Engineering Wide Ride IFS if you want to see specs on it), but I may add some additional bracing/gussets/triangles somewhere within the structure to stiffen it up a bit. It's metal, so it's fixable!

I did notice a lack of a front bar between rad support mounts and usually I see guys adding something there to stiffen things up, so I'll likely work on that at some point. The original leaf mounts are still there for some reason (the ole "not hurting nothing if we leave em" strategy I think) so I need to take those off first before I add any bracing.
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote