View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 12:10 PM   #4143
3757chevy

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I second that. Congratulations! Retirement is the best. I'm going on 7 years now. Best years of my life. One caveat though. You can't retire from your wife. You still have a boss and plenty of chores.
Thanks. I hear you. I told my wife she gets page 2 of the lists of things to do.
Quote:
It's a weird feeling. Not like a regular day off. That's just a day off. When you wake up and realize that you never have to go back it kind of blows your mind.

At least it did for me. I worked my entire life and the thought of just stopping was so foreign to me. But I got over that really fast. It's all good.
I been told the only problem is no more weekends.
Quote:
That is the one and only thing that I miss about work. The people that I worked with and was friends with.

Some other people at work I don't miss at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post

Although I missed some of the people and my students, best decision I made was to retire. 5 years now and my health is better and still wonder how I did all this stuff I am doing and still worked full time. Congrats 3757chevy
I will miss [U]some[U] of my coworkers and customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan View Post
Ditto here. Four months into retirement and I love it. I am catching up with years of postponed tasks that I didn't have time to attack when work was getting in my way. If I don't feel like working at them on any given day then I call myself into my office and give myself a reprimand, and then head back to my easy chair and book.
Thanks. I have lots of postponed things to keep me busy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Yeah for you,, now you can do more of what you want to do.. have fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
Congrats!!!!
Thanks.
MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote