View Single Post
Old 04-26-2023, 08:51 PM   #4185
72c20customcamper

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Finally fixed my camper trailer brakes I had replaced all 4 backing plates and rotors . New bearings and seals . But the brakes still weren’t working well they would slow the truck but not aggressively even set at the highest setting and manually activating the system . I had checked that there was power at the brakes when applied and the controller showed it was connected . So I had my grandson activate the brakes manually and I checked the voltage which I should have done from the start. At the highest gain I was getting a little over 8 volts at the brake . Checked the voltage at the truck plug and it was a little higher but not much . And right out of the controller I had 8.44 . The Tekonsha P2 in the truck is the older model and 13 years old . So I took the new the new P3 out of the 72 and I got 11.4 bolts at the trailer brake at full gain . I reset it to the normal setting and wow it brakes like new .

Not really sure why the controller would give low voltage it should work or not it’s completely electronic .

The shoes have a little surface rust on them been sitting on the shelf in my garage for 27 or so years
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote