View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 09:09 PM   #4
dmjlambert

Re: Why do I keep destroying aluminum radiators?!?

I have an Engineered Cooling Products ECP all aluminum welded radiator and there were no instructions for grounding it, and I have it in the rubber mounts with no ground wire. I asked them in an email if sacrificial zinc anodes are really a thing and were recommended, and they said yes that is a thing to consider and they recommended getting one but did not have one to sell me. I got one from Amazon that screwed into the drain plug outlet in place of the petcock valve and ran it for a couple of years. It did not connect via a wire to anything. I removed it to see if any of it had been corroded away, and it had no deterioration after a couple of years, so I removed it and put the petcock valve back on. Perhaps my truck in the configuration I have does not eat the aluminum radiator. The radiator is about 7 years old and has a lifetime warranty. I have wondered if the particular sacrificial zinc anode I bought is real or fake junk offered by an unscrupulous maker, and have wondered about grounding radiators or anodes.

Is Entropy sending you radiators for you to swap out, or repairing your radiator under warranty, or are you buying replacement radiators? Is there any deterioration of your sacrificial anode?
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote