View Single Post
Old 05-17-2023, 09:35 PM   #34
alexMoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
like dsraven says, check all the body mounts. you really ought to change them all. with a gap like that, chances are the front fenders will fit similar to the inner fenders. make sure the core support mount is assembled correctly. either your core support is too high or the back of the cab is, possibly both. i've included the diagram for the core support, everything is available as a kit with bolts, washers, rubber washers and spacer, the spacer allows the bolt to tighten and still allow the core support movement.

2nd pic shows the 58-59 assembles differently than previous years; cab, core support, then inner fenders. makes it easier to build imo

remember that both L brackets bolt on the same direction, not left and right. last pic we put the front clip on to cut out for the mustII, the L bracket is exposed on the pass side, you only see the washer on the drivers side. last two pics show both brackets

Awesome. Thank you for the replies. My core support and mounting hardware are all knew and as I remember from how I put them together it looks like that photo you attached. That must mean it’s the cab mounts. I’ll get a set ordered. I didn’t see any mention on that tri five link about bolt sizes for the 4 grommet bolts. I’ll figure it out when I get home and not on airport wifi.
Posted via Mobile Device
alexMoody is offline   Reply With Quote