View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 07:51 PM   #12
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Small update:
Progress was slow this past winter, I had planned to send the 799 heads off to Texas Speed and have them ported, larger valves installed, better springs, etc…
I had also planned to install a larger cam and upgrade throttle body. But the company I worked for, for 12 years closed without notice or much explanation, very lousy deal. So I put any extra expenses on hold.

The Good news is the weather has warmed up enough to sandblast and epoxy prime the bed floor. I filled some of the larger dents with Duraglas fiberglass filler. I then wanted to protect the filler from the sandblasting process a bit, so I put a couple of layers of duct tape over the places with filler before I blasted the floor.
I did both sides, the underside actually blasted easier than the top. It took quite a while to blast everything with my little sandblasting pot. Used just over 200 pounds of sand.
I guess I forgot to take a pic of the underside, but it actually cleaned up better than the top.
Next I sprayed 2 coats of epoxy primer on both sides. Seeing the floor in black epoxy showed a lot of the little dents, and I had some reservations as to how well the Raptor liner I was planning to use would cover them.
I forgot a picture of the epoxy primer……
Attached Images