View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 09:35 AM   #4347
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I bought a Milwaukee circular saw and drill driver when they first started making cordless tools many years ago. Neither one cut the mustard. I tried using them for a little while until I actually tossed them in the trash out of disgust. That's when I went to the 18v DeWalts I still use, which was around '95 or '96. That's great Milwaukee finally offers good tools now. I've had a bad taste in my mouth a long time, but with good reviews I'd consider them again. About 10 years ago the Sawzall gave out. We were cutting the skin off a bedside and the housing can in two where the motor attaches to the handle/switch. We finished it up with two guys operating the Sawzall, a cutter and a switch man . That's the only one I've had to replace until the hammer drill fell and broke. 25+ years of commercial use. Can't complain

The deal with the batteries was at Fathers Day and Christmas they'd put out 2-packs. Single 18v batteries were $90 and the 2-packs were $120. I bought all my batteries Nov/Dec or May/June. I refused to buy a single for $90. and now look at what lithium ion batteries cost! Dayum!

My son bought some Ryobi tools when he worked at Home Depot. I've been using them around here and they all seem as well made as anything else. No issues in performance and they are a couple years old now. If they are significantly cheaper than the more favored brands I'll switch to them. Plus both of us will have the same batteries and chargers

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote