Thread: 47-59 LED Headlight issue
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 11:21 AM   #12
joedoh

Re: LED Headlight issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX3100Guy View Post
When you say Jeep headlights. Are they normal elements, halogen, LED? Since I've already opened up the reflector (silver section that the bulb mounts to) I could fit a slightly deeper bulb, but if it won't fit into the black bowl that attaches to the fender then I'm not going to alter it.

jeep wranglers came/come with classic size 7" headlights that can be replaced just like old sealed beams do, but with replaceable H13 (high low) bulbs.

I am sure you can get any kind of led or HID replacement for them but the thing is, the reflectors of headlights are usually optimized for the light pattern of the H13 bulb and any replacement will "glare" (extra light where there wasnt extra light) which doesnt blind but does absolutely annoy.

if you look around for jeep LED headlights you can probably find some of the segmented alien eye/halo equipped lights for wranglers that may fit better. another one to look for is hummer H1, they had standard 7" lights too and they made a lot of aftermarket upgrades for them. I still have a set of sylvania xenarc 7" kicking around, those were GREAT lights.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote