View Single Post
Old 06-11-2023, 06:58 PM   #39
alexMoody

Re: Moody's Utah 58 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
1/4" for drum, 3/16" for disk
imo, its a lot easier to buy premade straight lines at autozone and just bend them to fit
you can get 6" to 5' lines with a flare and nut on each end

congrats on the baby!
glad those days are behind me, #5 grandkid is 3 days old
I drove the truck out of its parking spot today, first time moving under its own power in about 25 years. Im having an issue with my brakes. I have a firewall mounted brake booster for drum/drum brakes and all new lines plumed. However, when the truck is off I can pump the brake and it feels firm. When it's running the brake has no resistance. The booster has a vacuum line that runs to the intake manifold under the carb. Sense the brakes are doing nothing, does this mean my wheel cylinders are bad or need to be rebuilt? Or do I still have air in my lines? Im not loosing fluid when I pump the brakes. The vacuum line definitely has vacuum.

Also, I can't find any wheel cylinders or rebuild kits for a 3600 3/4 ton. Everything is 3100 1/2 ton. Are they the same size?

I pulled it out to replace the cab mounts so I can get the inner fenders to line up better but in doing this I rolled into my '70 Baja bug and crushed a fender a little.
alexMoody is offline   Reply With Quote