View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 02:37 PM   #154
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

Primer Done! I got a fan for the car tent, and mounted a flood light. Even then there was not enough light and my glasses kept fogging. I made a catwalk to get to the roof, and then pulled it out to do the sides. I had my back on the tent and the sprayer to my chest, not enough room in there. I used FP410 primer, that’s what the paint shop sold me. I loaded the accuspray paint gun and got up on the catwalk and noticed paint dripping everywhere. Back off the catwalk to investigate, I found the liner lip had folded in in my haste to put the lid on. Fixed that and no more drips, just paint all over the gun and cup. It had been overcast and cool, but the weather cleared for a couple days and up to 70 degrees, warm enough, but not too hot. I wore painting coveralls and was sweating everywhere. I think sweat was dripping from my wrists because I saw some liquid drops on the paint a couple times, either that or the air line was dripping. The air couple did have a leak and there is no filter on the line. I shot the body and front fenders in 2 ½ hours the first day, and the 4 doors, hood, and rear fenders the second day in 2 hours. Also the cowl vent covers and window garnish. Still have to prep and prime the grill though. Now that the awesome patina is covered up, the little dings and blemishes stand out. I’ll go over some spots with body filler.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote