Thread: 47-55.1 Running wires into doors
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 05:39 PM   #4
leegreen

Re: Running wires into doors

It is tough on the AD cab as the door and jamb fit very close when closed.
The acordian style and Z fold style wont work as there is no room - that eliminates everything you will find in a junk yard.

Speedway and other vendors sell a style that is a braided line sheath that is fixed on the jamb and slides into the door as it closes, but even those the flange on the fixed side looks like it may be too think

Somewhere on the site is a shop made version with an arced piece of tubing, one end has a washer welded on that sits inside the A pillar and is held in with a small screw, the other end slides into the door as it closes. Probably took some trial and error to get the arc in the tube and the hole in the door right.

I just ran two wires for door speaker and taped them to the bottom of lower hinge.
If I needed more wires or if my speaker stops working I'd probably do the tube welded to hinge thing, use whatever size of tube was needed and make a hole next to hinge for it

You can also get those open contact type for 8 or so conductors, that would do most doors, but my experience with that style with OEM versions has not been great.
leegreen is offline   Reply With Quote