Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 11:45 PM   #1218
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Some good progress has been made this week. The A/C switch was added to the factory control panel, old heater core removed, and then prepped under the dash for the new unit to be installed. Installed it this morning and then worked on mocking up the compressor brackets and pulleys.

A couple years ago, when I picked up the spare overdrive transmission, I also got the crank and water pump pulleys and the power steering pump and pulley from the 69 or 70 truck that the transmission came out of. I don’t think it was the original transmission to that truck. Anyways, the pulleys were a matching set, so I grabbed them. Turns out, that was a great move as they’re the exact pulleys I needed to add the a/c compressor. If I ever do decide to add power steering in the future, I already have the necessary parts.

Going to spend some time cleaning and painting the pulleys and painting the compressor brackets tomorrow. I need to get this done before heading to Lebanon, TN, for the Southeastern Truck Nationals
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote