View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 10:49 PM   #58
1project2many

Re: Moody's Utah 58 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
thats why I asked to have a few pics posted, to see exactly what is being used for brakes, booster, master cyl, pedal etc.
i recommend starting at one end and working through to the other end. check, adjust or replace as required. try not to skip anything because "that should be fine".
Yep... agreed. Folks on this forum are really good about trying to provide good answers. Posting a few pics with a question can save a lot of time and effort for folks who might post the wrong advice.

Electrical circuits and hydraulic circuits can be treated the same way. They both require flow and pressure to do work. I will use a stick and wedge it between brake pedal and seat or steering wheel to apply hydraulic pressure then crack a fitting to see what happens. If I can get a good shot of brake fluid at the fitting then I have good flow and pressure at that fitting. Reset the stick and move to the next fitting.

Also, for new flares, it's extremely important to snug the line multiple times so the flare conforms to the fitting. Even experienced mechanics fall into the trap of "it's all new so it fits" when it comes to newly made flares or brand new flared lines. Snug, loosen, snug, loosen, and snug one more time. If the wrench or the nut stops at a different place each time you can pretty well bet that the flared line wasn't going to seal properly.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote