View Single Post
Old 06-24-2023, 06:54 AM   #316
Braunschweiger

Re: A '62 has to get back on the road

Thanks for asking, the Truck runs fine and without problems, we've been to a few local meetings in our area, next week we're going to the Race61 near Berlin, a hotrod meeting but mixed with all types of cars.
Yes, New Brunswick was named after the Brauchweiger royal family.
Many Brunswick Towns in the world trace back to my hometown, which was the seat of the Guelphs, you probably know which noble family it came from. The colony was named after the Guelph princely house Brunswick, which also owned King George III. came from. The capital, Fredericton, takes its name from Prince Friedrich August.
We Braunschweigers are very proud of our Duke Heinrich the Lion, who made the duchy so big and powerful in the 12th century, among other things the founding father of Munich and Lübeck, so that it became a danger to Emperor Barbarossa and overthrew him. The Braunschweig lion is represented on many flags in the world.
A short excerpt from our history, which is of course much more comprehensive and only ends with the founding of Lower Saxony and became a federal state of Germany.
The last Picture is the Castle Place in my Town, the residence of Henry the Lion.
Our landmark, the Braunschweig Lion, stands in the middle of the Castle place
Attached Images

Greetings Harald

My 62 build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829782

Last edited by Braunschweiger; 06-24-2023 at 07:14 AM.
Braunschweiger is offline   Reply With Quote