Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 05:54 PM   #223
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Definitely helps to stop and clean along the way. The mess tends to grow otherwise. Looking forward to updates.

Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
Looks good. No matter how i clean up my shop it magically returns to its former cluttered self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8man View Post
Glenn, the shop is looking good.
Thanks for following along guys. With the shop clean and some other house projects done I am now able to spend some shop time on the project. This summers off thing really is nice!

I sold the old bed that I had. With the change of directions going from a patina build to goiing deep I decided it would take far too long to make the other one right for my plans. I did keep the tailgate from the original bed and decided to make a wall hanging out of it. It has a cool vive and has lots of history so I didn't want to let it go.

The guys at Apicella Design made me a good deal on a new Mar-K bed and with it I got a few things that Apicella makes for the bed. They make this cool filler piece that finishes off the inside of Mar-K tailgate and boxes/frames the Chevrolet script.

As it comes.....

And with the filler panel......

Today I decided to start on some little projects that all need to get done prior to stripping the cab and priming it with epoxy. I wanted to figure out a way to mount the Painless wiring harness. So I used some poster board and made a template. I then transferred it to some 18g metal I have. I drilled some mouting holes and welded some nuts to the back side for the fuse block.

I then took some thread couplers and stacked a pair and welded them together, I also cut a couple short. The bracket now bolts to the couplers with four 5/16's bolts.

I then found the spot to put it that was clear of everything and tack welded the couplers to the firewall.

With the bracket removed I was able to fullt weld the couplers to the firewall.

And here is what it will look like when the harness is finally installed. Up out of the way and slightly angled down for easier access to fuses when the need arises.

1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote