View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 01:11 PM   #3
MASTERBrian

Re: Traction control/ stabilitrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by biketopia View Post
Very well could be the hubs acting up. They get a little rust on them and push the ABS sensor up and away. It doesn't always throw codes but most likely what happened.
Mechanic scanned the codes and said it came up as alignment issue and to get it aligned. I am likely due new tires before winter, so I'll spend my focus on replacing the rest of the front suspension and then getting new tires and alignment.

As I think I said above I have replaced sway bar links, right lower ball joint and right tie rod (which I guess threw the codes). The hubs both have some wear, but they are still fine according to mechanic. Truck has 120,000miles. I guess I'll do the left lower ball joint and tie rod when I do that hub. I may just get new upper control arms as well if I'm going to align IF everything else is already going out. They aren't that expensive.....this stuff just used to last another 60,000+ miles!

FWIW....the codes have now gone out and haven't come back, so maybe the computer just sensed the small change and adopted it? Talking with a diesel mechanic friend and he said his wife drove a van they had with the warning, I forget brand NOT GMC, and it fried the computer they ignored so long. That worries me a bit.
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote