View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 03:35 PM   #161
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
post 157, looks great. sure went from primer to paint fast, wow. curious though, what kind of trees are those in your driveway? the leaves LOOK HUGE!
LOL
Maple leaves, Eh?

The Windsor Blue went on easy. I had a friend help move the hood in to place. I wrangled with the hood for awhile and got it mounted. I decided the old front emblem was too far gone and got a new one. I had previously purchased a mounting pad, but it is too big, so I just went without.
Put the front doors back on, and installed the striker plates and latch mechanism with outer handle.
Attached weatherstrip to the rear doors. I was struggling with the rear door hinge grommets, so I called my friend over again. We gave up after about 10 minutes. I had installed the grommets on the truck and then mounted the hinges on the truck. Installed the grommets on the doors and was trying to get the hinges through the grommets. I removed everything and installed grommets and hinges on the doors. Installed grommets on the truck and was able to get the hinged doors through the grommets on the truck. It was not easy, soapy liquid helped. The grommets tried to roll in on themselves.
My 9 y.o. son offered to help me with the windshield. I got everything ready and removed the new glass from the bubble wrap. He took the bubble wrap and proceeded to pop as I continued to assemble the glass in the weatherstrip. He helped me carry the glass to the truck and tip it into place, before he was off playing with a stick. I worked the glass in to place, it didn’t take too long. The center divider was a struggle, my son pushed on the outside while I turned the screw on the inside. We got the upper 3 screws in. I went to the hardware store the next day and got some more fasteners. I made tool to help install the center divider. A longer bolt got through to the divider and a nut cinched it down. I used duct tape to hold the divider in place while swapping out the bolt. The window trim was next followed by the mirror. Headliner went under the trim, it needed to be modified for the screw holes of the center retainer. I tried to install the second piece of headliner, but it seemed like It needed three arms. I moved on to the sun visor. I used some cord to hang it in place above the truck. I don’t know what kind of visor it is. I got some end mounts for a Dieterich visor. They bolt on to the visor and clamp on to the drip rail. I struggled with those for too long. I got one bolt on each side. The gap on the passenger door was too tight and the visor bracket interfered. I tried to hammer the bracket, but it popped off.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote