Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2023, 06:24 AM   #259
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
Nice work.
They will be hard for other drivers to see down low like that so go fast ALL THE TIME!
Haha
These will be led lights so fairly bright. I have an idea for a 3rd brake light, but not sure i'll do it. In reality these lights are only about 6" lower then the factory taillights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dan- View Post
On here I get so few comments I sometimes wonder if people are paying attention, or even care.

I am absolutely paying attention to your talented work. It inspires me to get off my butt and keep my project motivated. If I respond to each of your posts, I would feel like a troll. I’m sure that I am not the only one who hides in the dark! Please keep posting your progress - I do keep up on it.
I do appreciate you and everyone following along. I enjoy sharing what I'm doing and hope that at least something I do inspires someone to do similar, or sparks an idea that they twist to make it their own. Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrdone View Post
I'm another one who has gotten some great ideas from you. all I can say is keep it up so others may follow.
I was thinking of using the same style tail light but mounted on the side of the stake pocket about where the stock lights mount.
Now you have me rethinking that idea.
If I go that route, I think I would mount the lights so the bottom of the lights are flush with the bottom of the pan and move the license plate up to match.
Again, I'm glad I'm able to inspire some. I toyed with the idea to mount them into the side pocket as well. But in my mind it just didn't work. I've seen it done, both good and bad ways. So in the end I just did this off the bottom of the rolled pan. This is the same as I did my my 32 Ford I had a few years ago.

I would like to have raised them up a little higher in the rolled pan, however the end of the frame is right there. I even had to notch the ends of the frame rails to get the buckets as high as they are now. But thats just due to them being centered in the space on each side of the curved area in the pan. If someone had a "normal" rolled pan and the lights were centered the frame wouldn't be an issue. One thing always affects the other.

Thanks again to everyone that is following along.
1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote