Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 03:10 PM   #284
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

It has been a couple weeks since my last post. I've been working on the truck here and there and also getting things done at home before going back to work next week.

In this update you will see how I installed the pop up fuel car and made a filler tube that connects to the tank.

Here are all the items used to do this. The pop up cap, a band clamp, a 2.25" mandrel bend, and some 2.25" fuel hose.

I had to cut this access for the fuel hose, and then installed the hose.

I made this little template of the contour of the cap to find the best location to weld it in the fender.

The reason for the band clamp is so I have an easy way to service the tank or remove the fender and not have that long of a tube and its weight hanging on the fender.

At first I just tacked them together.

Once I got the full tube routed as need the pieces were all tacked for a trial fit.

Happy with it I final welded the pirces together. Had to make sure everything was sealed with weld so no leaks.

Looking up you can see where things need to connect. I then tack welded the filler to the fender from the top also.

I then bolts everything together using the V band clamp prior to final welding. Once happy I finished welding the filler to the fender on the top side.

1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote