Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 08:17 PM   #294
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Every once in a while I have those days where it feels like nothing got accomplished. Today was definitely not one of those days. I got so much done, some of which I didn;t take pics of though.

I started and finished the the front left stake pocket as I had previously done on the right side. I also took the filler panel off and extended the front leading edge as also done on the other side. While at it I made the filler piece and rod that goes from the top of the bed to that filler panel to match what was done on the other side. This was to fill that unsightly gap between the bed and cab.

You've seen pics of all that already from the right side, no sense on posting more pics covering the same mods.

Once all that was done I turned my attention to the two rear stake pocket bottom ends. I measured and figured out where I wanted to end and then start the roll inwards. I made a template out of posterboard and marked front and back of both stake pockets for the radius I wanted it to be trimmed to.

I then cut across at the line I had already determined and then trimmed the bottom edges to match the radius.

At this point I got so busy doing things I didn't take pics as I was working. Here however is the pieces with all the welds ground. This still needs some finessing.

You might also notice that I plug welded the holes where all the bed parts normally bolt together. I am welding this solid into one piece.

Time today, 5.57 hrs
Subtotal, 516.33hrs

1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote