Thread: 55.2-59 2023 Windshield suppliers
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2023, 09:44 PM   #3
NWA58

Re: 2023 Windshield suppliers

Hate to say it but the windshield fit should be checked long before getting too far into body work. Got my glass from Auto City also and had to rework the cab with many hours of porta power and twisting to get things back to square. My truck had apparently taken a hit to the left front corner that pushed the firewall back enough that it twisted the posts at the windshield. If the glass doesn’t fit, I’d check the entire cab for square. If I had it to over again, I would have used a different cab entirely.

I will add also that the rear glass seal that AutoCity sent was not even close. I ended up throwing it in the trash. Picked up a Precision brand seal and it was perfect. Just installed Precision door seals and the doors stop 4 inches short of the latch. Ordered Steele’s “thinner” seals today and will pull the Precision door rubber off.

Also scrapped the one piece window glass from AutoCity because it was cut very differently than what actually worked. I would bet the windshield is going to be constant no matter where you buy it. Nearly 70 years on the metal structure in these trucks is going to see more variance than the glass.

Good luck!

Last edited by NWA58; 09-01-2023 at 09:53 PM.
NWA58 is offline   Reply With Quote