Thread: 47-55.1 garage pics
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 10:28 PM   #13
nvrdone

Re: garage pics

Boy, you guys have given me alot to think about. The garage is attached to the house. It's22' wide x 24' deep with an 8' celing so there are some limitations. I did have 4 dedicated circuts added before the garage was insulated and sheet rocked. I didnt note that there is also an 18' x 32' carport next to the garage that will eventually be enclosed and used for "dirty" work.
So far the plans I've laid out on graph paper are as follows: along the left outside wall I will start with an 18" open shelf for all the spray / paint cans. Next will be a 9' work table with 1" top covered with stainless steel sheet. Then 3- 36" wide, 84" tall cabinets with doors. That should give me storage on top for misc tubs of parts. Also, my wife thinks I should cover the doors with diamond plate. Then we have my table saw on wheels, followed up by the water heater in the corner. Turning the corner, will be another cabinet, this one 30" wide, a 36" tool chest and a 40" tool chest, a 24" sink, the door into the house and a 24" broom closet.
Down the other side will be a garbage bin, a 36" upright freezer, 6'of storage racks, 8' of pegboard and my upright compressor. As a side note I still need to figure out where to put my welder. I already have 4 - 4' led fixtures on the celing plus track lights for over the work table and the tool chests.
This seems like it should be big enough to work on my pickup.
My Jeep and my wife's Acura should fit in the car port.
Of course, these plans are subject to change.
Im still open to sugestions as nothing has been ordered.
49 chevy 3100 3 window. 327 / m21 4 spd, 12 bolt w/ 3:55's
Bought in 1973 for $235.00. Had it longer than my wife & Kids!!
nvrdone is offline   Reply With Quote