View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 02:08 AM   #3
bobinbc

Re: Allow me to introduce Frank!

Got it home last night and pushed it into the garage with some help from some friends and family. It was a little up hill and we barely made it! Looked it over quickly and boy I have some work to do No problem, we're not building a grand piano here!

Today after work I spent a couple hours on it and got it running, properly this time! Did a compression check, turns over good and all cylinders were close enough within reason. Turns out it's 3970010 350, blue block so nothing to get excited about, fine for now. Replaced the plugs, cap, rotor and put an Edelbrock 600 on it. Cleaned up the wiring slightly(lots more to do there) added some fresh gas and let'er rip! Fired right up and after a few seconds running it cleaned up and idled just fine. Set the timing and adjusted the mixture and it seems ok

Hooked up the headlights, all working and got the brake lights working too. Next time I get the chance to get out there I'll change the oil and filter, find an air cleaner and then move on to the transmission. One small job done few more to tackle to make it move under it's own power.

Also picked up a comfy bench so I can get rid of the Blazer buckets and console! A little sewing repair and a cover and it will work just fine, all in all not too shabby for the first day.
Attached Images

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cana...geChevyTrucks/
bobinbc is offline   Reply With Quote