View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 02:28 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Has anybody here used a Chassis Engineering bolt-in crossmember on a Task Force?

If it is just your concern about your welding skills and you have a decent welder I'd suggest fitting and tacking it in place and double checking the fit and getting a skilled welder to weld it together.

Back in the mid 70's when I built my T bucket I wold tack pieces together with my little 110 volt welder from Monkey Wards (still have it in the shed) and then take the tacked together pieces to a local welding shop or later to my buddy down the street for him to weld it up. That cost me a few cases of Bud over the years.

I remember back in the late 80's when RB Obsolete in Arlington Wa was first selling those crossmebers and I looked one over for a long time at the Goodguys in Puyallup.
They solved a lot of issues as you only needed a good tape measure, 1/2 inch drill and a few wrenches to install one.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote