View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 06:56 PM   #6
mr48chev

Re: Has anybody here used a Chassis Engineering bolt-in crossmember on a Task Force?

I can understand that part, I am 76 and don't get near the stuff done that I did a few years ago.

My thought still is that if you already have the fatman kit sitting there The measuring part is going to take close to the same amount of time and if you fit the crossmember and upper control arm mounts in place and tack them in place and do your checks it shouldn't be that hard to find someone to to the actual welding.

I'm not one of those clowns that thinks you have to do it all yourself or you aren't a real hot rodder or customizer or car guy for that matter, You do what you can do best on it and you get others to do what you either don't trust your skills on, don't have the equipment to to do or just flat don't have the available time to do it. I have a real issue with these charactors on the net who shout that you have to do it all yourself or you aren't a real car guy but you never see the car that they "built" Their Avatar is usually some 60's rust bucket to boot.

I see this bolt on on Ebay eBay item number:115492544206

Or for 50.00 less eBay item number:166354421523

Or the same kit from Speedway for 100 more https://www.speedwaymotors.com/1947-...g-2,50961.html

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote